Prescription Charges from 1st April 2022
£9.35 per item
From April 2022, the government has decided that prescription charges will remain at £9.35 per item
Pre-Payment Certificate prices are:
3 Months Certificate £30.25
12 Month Certificate £108.10
If you get 4 or more items in a 3 month period or 12 items in a 12 month period it is worth considering buying a prepayment certificate, it will save you money.
If you need any further information, please speak to a member of our dispensary team.
There are 3 ways for you to order your repeat prescription
- Online: The first time you use the online service you will need login details which you can obtain from reception or dispensary. You will need to bring a form of photographic identification with you.
- Telephone: You can call our repeat prescription line on: (017683) 71913 and follow the instructions available 24 hours a day.
- In person: Complete your repeat prescription form and place in the green box next to our dispensary.
PLEASE ALLOW THREE WORKING DAYS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PRESCRIPTION. IF YOU REQUIRE ANY MEDICINES URGENTLY PLEASE CALL 017683 71369 TO SPEAK TO A MEMBER OF THE DISPENSING TEAM
You can now book, view and cancel appointments and order repeat prescriptions online.
Before you can use this service you will need to come to reception to obtain your login details. You will need to bring a form of photographic identification with you.
Click here for more information about the NHS App.
Medication collection: 9.00am - 6.00pm
Dispensary Opening Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Your prescription will be available to collect 3 working days after placing the order.
Upper Eden Medical Practice offers a prescription delivery service for patients who are 67 years and over and for patients who are housebound. For more information or to check if you are eligible for delivery, please speak to a member of staff in the dispensary on 017683 71369.
28 Day Prescribing
If you are being prescribed a repeat medicine by your GP, they will normally prescribe enough of your medicine to last 28 days.
In Cumbria, GP practices believe that 28 day prescribing offers the best balance between patient convenience, good medical practice and minimal drug wastage.
The benefits for you as a patient:
- You should always start and finish your medicine on the same day of the week which should prevent you running out of medicines at a weekend when it is difficult to get any more.
- Most pharmaceutical companies manufacture a large number of their medicines already in 28 day packs. The Government is encouraging more companies to manufacture their medicines in this way.
- It should reduce the amount of medicines wasted when medicines are changed or stopped. Every year in Cumbria, £750,000 of medications are wasted every year with excess medicines needing to be destroyed when this money could be ploughed back into the NHS.
- It should make it easier for your GP to review more easily the medicines you are taking and also to see if you are not taking the medicines prescribed to you.
- It should reduce mistakes made by elderly patients as there should be less partly filled containers of medicine lying around at home.
- Most patients should only need to visit the surgery once a month to collect all their repeat medicines as opposed to a number of visits when different medicines run out at different times.
For information on help you can receive with NHS costs please visit services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/check-for-help-paying-nhs-costs/start
Prescriptions to be paid for at the time of collection. Payment accepted by cash, card or cheque. A single prescription as of 1st of April 2022 is £9.35.
Our Delivery Service
Our Delivery Service is currently available to patients aged 67 years and upwards. We currently deliver on Tuesdays and Fridays. For more details and to find out when we deliver in your area, please speak to the dispensary staff.
Prescription Pre-Payment Certificate (PPC)
PPC 12 Month pre-payment £108.10
PPC 3 Month pre-payment £30.25
The PPC is worth considering if you are a patient who pays for four or more items in a three month period or more than twelve items in a 12 month period, please contact the dispensary for more details.
The government is working closely with the NHS and suppliers to help to ensure medicines and medical products continue to be available for patients if there is a ‘no deal’ Brexit.
If you have any concerns please follow the advice published on the NHS website, available here.
Online Period Delay Service
Community Pharmacies are now offering an online service for patients who are going on holiday and wish to delay their period.
Through the on-line clinic you can access prescription-only period delay tablets. There is a charge for the service but it means you do not have to make an appointment with your GP. Please type 'online period delay service' into any Search engine to view your local options.
However, if you still prefer to be seen at the surgery please contact reception to make an appointment on 017683 71369.